Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Committed My Life to 2 Things

By Rick Butler

Two years ago I was in pity party mode. While separated from my wife and family, my sister gave me some Dave Ramsey cassette tapes. Months went by, and one night while on my knees praying, I decided to listen to the tapes. Since then I have committed my life to two things: Christ and becoming debt free. I went off the deep end, as my friends say, and paid off $7,500 in debt and saved $8,500 in a couple of years.

I do not miss cable, cell phones, etc. in my life. Now my life is simple and stress-free. Because of the small changes I made, I feel great! I am in the military, and I have been the FPU coordinator in one class. I am currently facilitating FPU at my church.

The Lord has gotten my attention through a divorce (I pray daily of being a family again; I think the Lord is working on it), and Dave has got my attention through FPU.


Do you have a story about how your FPU course has made a difference in your church? Please share it with us!

Motivated by this story? Read more success stories!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment