Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Single Dad Now Debt Free!

by Bruce G.
Southaven, MS

Dave, I did it! As a single father of 2 wonderful boys (ages 5 & 7), I thought it would be impossible, but 24 months later... I'M DEBT FREE! I've paid off about $46,000 in debt, paid cash for repairs to my home that cost over $13,000 and have been through three Christmases without charging one cent. All of this was done by living on a shoestring budget, eliminating all "wants" and not selling anything.

I've been so enthused by your principles that I've taught FPU at our church, encouraged several co-workers to live debt-free lives and have my boys on commission. I've also given away several copies of your Total Money Makeover book. None of this would have been possible without your instruction, guidance and inspiration.

I'm now working on Baby Step 3, and within a year I should be on to steps 4-6. At my current pace I should have my house paid for within eight years, then it will be time to build wealth and give like crazy!

Thank you, Dave, for everything you've taught me because without you I'd still be living paycheck to paycheck, without any hope.


Do you have a story about how your FPU course has made a difference in your church? Please share it with us!

Motivated by this story? Read more success stories!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment