Sunday, October 10, 2010

No AC? No Sweat, thanks to FPU!

By Anita Clark

I began attending FPU one year this month. I cannot begin to express how much the course helped me! I am SO thankful that the course was offered at my church and that I had the opporunity to enroll. I can truly say that was one of the best investments I ever made of my time and money.

During this past year, I became debt-free except for my house, which is now on a 10-year mortgage. The reason I feel compelled to share my story at this time is I had my first big-time emergency (since taking the course) earlier this week. My entire central air conditioning had to be replaced. As Dave says, Murphy came to visit. While the whole ordeal was stressful, I was actually able to write a check for the entire system and installation. My emergency fund was not yet fully funded, but it was sufficient. I cannot tell you how good it felt to not have to worry about how to pay, in addition to the other stress such an event causes. I can see now even more than ever how important it is to have a fully funded emergency fund.

While I still have a long way to go, I was just thinking if this had happened a year ago, I would have been asking the air conditioning company if they took credit cards...and I probably wouldn't have even had the good sense to be embarrassed by the question. I truly thank God for leading me to FPU and for my emergency fund being adequate. I can't wait to rebuild the emergency fund and will continue working toward fully funding it, so that next time I sit across the table from a repairman, I won't even have to wonder if I will have enough money.


Do you have a story about how your FPU course has made a difference in your church? Please share it with us!

Motivated by this story? Read more success stories!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment